Friday 19 April 2013

Teenagers are from Saturn!

If men are from Mars and women from Venus, where are teenagers from? Simple answer, Saturn!

Many reasons but mainly its the rings that did it for me. Saturn's rings could be mistaken for the way teenagers go on and on, round and round until they get the answer they want. Usually they don't get the answer they want, so they continue to run which is how they will spend most of their teenage years. The ring is infinite just like some of their worries and fears!!

Teenagers are a funny breed.  Mainly because they do not understand their feelings and in turn we cannot always understand.  They think they are maturer than they actually are.  If you were to challenge their thinking or thoughts, then you are wrong!  There is no pleasing them sometimes but you have to show you care.

My eldest is now a teenager.  Emotions for girls are erratic - or so I am told as I don't have a boy and thus no comparisons.  She gets wound up and stressed very easily; not realising sometimes that she is actually annoyed.  If pointed out, she can get even more upset.  If it is about something simple I find, while she is running the rings of Saturn, to try and break up the running - throwing in differing topics of conversations or even just giving her a hug.  A mummy's hug can take away so many stresses with that one simple gesture.  

We cannot think we will ever fully understand the teenage years.  I look back on mine and shudder at some of the things I did or said.  Those years shape you to be the person you are today.  The events you encountered meant you could learn from your mistakes and develop as a person. 

Trouble is, I don't think I stopped learning until my late 20's!  It was just more space out.  Everyone needs their teenage years to understand themselves, make mistakes and grow to be a well rounded adult.  Then they can either jump onto Mars or Venus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting