Thursday 24 January 2013

What takes you back??

I was sat in my front room and turned over to 4music as a distraction while I did some writing. I was totally distracted but in the wrong way, finding myself watching what they are calling 'old skool' tunes. I loved all the songs so does that mean I am now old??

Most of the tunes conjured up memories for me - good and bad. Neither memories made me regret things or wonder 'where are they now' about old friends, they just filled me with memories.

Times gone by, I would have started thinking about how to contact someone or check they are alright. Now, I think I am content in the knowledge that everyone changes. The times and experiences you have had, carve you out as the person you are today. Never regret your past. You cannot change it. If you need to make amends, do, but do not allow it to cloud who you are today.

It got me thinking. What brings back memories for you? How do they make you feel? I am happy that I can now look back and be content with the memories and not get upset or regretful. I think I have turned a corner with my mental health and this is proving it to me, myself and I.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting