Tuesday 8 January 2013

Front door saga

I still have not found a front door! That is a stretch of a lie because I have in fact found several. My issue has been the sizes. Our door measures 34 inches wide and 82 inches high. You can tell it is a slightly larger than average door but I thought that would not be too much of an issue. Apparently it is.

I have resolved to go out this weekend and check out doors properly. Make sure we like what we see and then find the best deal.

Prices seem to vary all over for the exact same door. So here are some tips I have learnt recently:

1) always google the exact title of the door you like - numerous place may supply.

2) check delivery prices - we thought we had found one cheaper but it turned out delivery was £35! So in fact it was cheaper elsewhere.

3) always ask the company for advice and whether or not they can better the offer. If they say no, at least you tried and you can walk away safe in the knowledge you can still get said door elsewhere!

Shop smart is my motto for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting