Thursday 25 October 2012

Is anxiety going to creep back in??....

The title really says it all.  I am worried that my anxiety issues are going to creep back in.  I have been doing so well and really felt I had turned a corner recently.  Then the aching in my belly started again.  I have tried to ignore it, even prompting myself to think of other things.  I am hoping this is just a little blip which will pass as fast as it came. 

Living with anxiety is a life long thing and that is that part I fear the most.  I do not want to go back to where I have been.  I want to live a normal life for myself and my children.  My plan is to ignore it.  The feelings start in the belly and spread over me like water.  The body starts to feel detached although everything is working.  I then realise my heart is speeding up and then I remember the breathing techniques - in for 4, hold for 4 and out for 4, repeat 4 times - and this settles my heart.  I am stronger this time as I will not run from it.  Running away from the situation only reinforces the fear and would set me back years. 

If this happens to you, I urge you to dig deep inside your mind, however hard it is and think.  All the symptoms you feel are the bodies way of trying to win over your mind.  You have to take back the control.  The speeding heart, the flushed feelings, the nausea, the urgent loo visits, the dizzyness; the list does go on. They are all symptoms created by your body to make you fail.  I deal with each symptom at a time.  The dizzyness and heart can be controlled by breathing deep and using the technique above.  For nausea, I use a herbal tablet called 'nux vom. 30c' and it takes away the nausea feeling.  The flushed feeling will release with the other symptoms being tackeld.  Finally the toilet visits.....well this is simple, I have had to learn to go in any toilet.  If my IBS is playing up, it use to stop me going out but now, I realise that I can't let that happen (unless it is really bad!) if I let it control me, I will never make progress.

I suppose a little slip back is inevitable but it is how one deals with it that is the main thing.  I am dealing head on.  It will work.

2 comments:

  1. A good post on anxiety and very familiar for anyone who has experienced it (including myself). I hope that your methods are working and the anxiety is being kept at bay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beadzoid. I hope my methods work too, I don't wanna go backwards. Thank you for your lovely comment xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting