Monday 19 September 2011

Always double check receipt before leaving a service station....

After a nice weekend in Dorset, we were driving home last night and needed to fill up with petrol.  We stopped at the Rownhams Services, Northbound, where we went into the Esso garage.  My husband filled up the car and I went to get snacks and pay for it all.  The cashier was nice enough but did make a few mistakes.  At first he forgot to put the petrol on the bill and had to cancel just as I was typing in my pin and he charged wrong amounts for sweets.  Anyway, when the total came up on screen, I thought 'looks odd?  hubby must have put in a tad more petrol than I thought'.  Finished paying and went to the car.

As we drove off, I question hubby and he said he hadn't spent that much on petrol.  I found the receipt and realised the cashier had charged us for the wrong pump!  You can't turn around on a motorway, not that easy!  So I tried calling people - Esso, Exxon and the service station in question.  No-one was answering so I sent off some emails - yes, all while Mr was driving.  My main concern was I did not want us to be charged with taking petrol without paying as the system would see our pump as 'not paid'.  Plus, I had paid over what we had actually filled up with so I wanted the difference back!

Today has not been fruitful, Esso not replying to emails, Exxon say they only supply fuel so to speak direct to the actual garage.  I called the service station and they gave me the direct number of the Esso garage.  When I called them, I was informed that there was no manager or supervisor in today! I asked who was in charge today and he said 'I am not sure, if we have a major problem we can call the Duty Manager but I am not sure where they are based' What kind of business does not have anyone in charge on site at all times? I was then told I should call back tomorrow!!  So, they mess up and I have to be the one to call back?  I gave him the details and my number pointing out the supervisor is welcome to call me first so we shall see.  I know she is in at 8.30 am, let's see whom calls whom first........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting